Inevitably when interacting with people, they will say or do things you may not like. Your feelings about the situation are essentially judgments about the people involved. Each judgement you make contributes to the way you think (and therefore feel) about them. For whatever reason, our ego minds have the need to classify and categorize people; however, that doesn’t mean our classifications are true. They’re simply our thoughts about that person at that time. Read the rest of this entry »
Hey everyone! Here’s what I learned last week:
Monday, Mar. 31, 2014
Healthy, Savory Muffin Made in a Mug!
How to make the mug muffins I learned about last week into savory ones: I first sauteed some mushroom, onion, spinach, and uncured turkey bacon (which appeared to basically be ham). Then added them into a coffee mug, along with some feta cheese to 2 tblsp. ground flax seed, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 egg (beaten), 1/4 tsp. salt. Then I microwaved on high for 2 minutes (I have an old microwave which needs more time than newer, more powerful ones). Waited a minute or so to cool and the whole thing dumps right out onto a plate. I found that sticking the whole thing in the toaster oven for a few minutes helps dry it out a bit when it’s done as well. Yummy, healthy breakfast that keeps me full for many hours!
Read the rest of this entry »
Last week I had some delicious healthy food (ate out at both a vegetarian Indian restaurant and a Moroccan one (not vegetarian), as well as some interesting insights. Here’s some of what I learned:
Monday, Mar. 24, 2014
Tuesday, Mar. 25, 2014
Here’s what I learned last week:
Monday March 17, 2014
- If you start a Meetup group and don’t pay right away, you’ll likely get a 50% off coupon in your email the next day! (I started a local group to find others to discuss the principles of mind, thought and consciousness. If you’re in the Metrowest area of Mass. and are interested, please join in!)
- The 10 Universal Principles of the Yoga Code.
- Sometimes it’s hard to remember that we don’t need to look outside of ourselves for love. Read the rest of this entry »
What I Learned Last Week (Jan. 6 – Jan. 12, 2014)
By Jill Whalen
Last week was definitely an interesting week of learning for me. Something that I’ve come to realize, not just this week but since I embarked on my new adventure, is that life is supposed to be joyful. It’s something I’ve pretty much lived anyway, but I never realized that it was life’s intention for everyone. (Sadly, not everyone lives this way.) There will likely be a blog post about this coming in the future as I ponder the concept more deeply. Meanwhile, here are some of the other things I learned last week: Read the rest of this entry »
What I Learned Last Week (12/23/2013 – 12/29/2013 )
As you’ll see below, it’s a good thing we don’t do anything for Christmas day!
Monday, Dec. 23, 2013
- How to cook filet mignon.
- Jim Carrey wrote himself a check for $10 million (before he ever had money) and kept it in his wallet. He gave himself a few year deadline to make that much by a certain day, and he just made it!
Read the rest of this entry »