Posted by Jill Whalen | Posted in Food, Healthy Eating, Recipes, Running, Spiritual Teachings, Spirituality, Things I've Learned | Posted on 04-07-2014
Tags: mug muffins
Hey everyone! Here’s what I learned last week:
Monday, Mar. 31, 2014
How to make the mug muffins I learned about last week into savory ones: I first sauteed some mushroom, onion, spinach, and uncured turkey bacon (which appeared to basically be ham). Then added them into a coffee mug, along with some feta cheese to 2 tblsp. ground flax seed, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 egg (beaten), 1/4 tsp. salt. Then I microwaved on high for 2 minutes (I have an old microwave which needs more time than newer, more powerful ones). Waited a minute or so to cool and the whole thing dumps right out onto a plate. I found that sticking the whole thing in the toaster oven for a few minutes helps dry it out a bit when it’s done as well. Yummy, healthy breakfast that keeps me full for many hours!
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- What I learned from listening to the audio version of “A Course in Miracles”: All aspects of fear are not true. Perfect love casts out fear. Fear is nothing, love is everything. Peace is an attribute in you, you cannot find it outside. Only the mind can create. The body exists as a learning device for the mind.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
- Meeting up with old friends you haven’t seen in awhile is fun!
- I’m obsessed with the show “Drop Dead Diva” on Netflix.
Thursday, April 3, 2014
- The idea in this life is to always listen for and to our inner guide.
Friday, April 4, 2014
- One of the most important things we can do when interacting with others is to remember that everyone has an ego constantly chattering away at them, just like we do. And those egos all have their own agenda and they’re all fragile and afraid, despite whatever bravado the person might be portraying.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Clementine oranges have super thin skin. When squeezing the juice out of them, the peel basically falls apart.
Sunday, April 6, 2014
- My woods are runnable again! There was surprisingly little mud, at least at my little running “path less traveled.” Was good to get back out there now that the snow has finally been washed away.