Posted by Jill Whalen | Posted in Healthy Eating, Running, Things I've Learned, Thought, Yoga | Posted on 07-15-2014
[Jill’s Note: If you prefer to listen rather than read, please scroll to the bottom of this post for the audio version.]
As I was running home from my yoga class today (a hot and humid day) I was marveling at the fact that not only did I not mind the run, I was rather enjoying myself. It’s times like that where even I wonder “What did you do with Jill?”
During my run, I started thinking about the many other ways in which the current me is unrecognizable from the me that I was just one year ago. I came up with the following 17 things that you would not have seen me do last summer:
- Run any distance at all
- Choose to eat broccoli
- Sing in public
- Practice Yoga 3 times a week
- Consider that there’s a spiritual nature to life
- Work on my tan
- Eat raw Hakurei turnips (or cooked ones for that matter!)
- Entertain taking yoga teacher training classes
- Turn down free booze
- Lose my passion for SEO
- Make homemade nut/seed butters
- Create really cool salads
- Run the entire 3.7 miles around our local reservoir
- Go entire days without eating any grains
- Take a bead jewelry and a pottery class
- Buy mostly organic and grass fed food
- Enjoy all of the above!
Not only would I not have even thought of doing any of those things, I would have called you a crazy fool if you even suggested that I might!
It’s quite amazing to see how gradual transformation can sneak up on you when you’re not expecting it.
Ain’t personal transformation grande? Share your thoughts below!
[Added: Got one more…right now I’m drinking/eating a smoothie that is full of cauliflower stems/leaves as well as the turnip greens and kale stems! (It’s a great way to use up the entire vegetable.)]
Prefer listening? Click the green arrow below!