Posted by Jill Whalen | Posted in Meditation, Nutrition, Spirituality, Things I've Learned, Thought | Posted on 03-17-2014
Tags: 3 Principles
I learned a lot more this week about Mind, Thought and Consciousness and living “from the inside out” as described by Michael Neill and others. Understanding the principles behind how life actually works can and will transform anyone’s life. I’d love to discuss this understanding with anyone else who’s interested. Feel free to contact me!
Here’s what else I learned last week:
Monday, Mar. 10, 2014
- There’s no psychological trauma that can’t be “cured” by changing your relationship to the memories that originally caused the trauma. – George Pransky (paraphrased).
Tuesday, Mar. 11, 2014
- Trying to determine what causes thoughts to appear seems to cause them to not appear quite so much. It’s like they’re trying to trick you so you can’t figure out where they came from. They will still appear, but in sneaky ways. They are tricky little buggers!
Wednesday, Mar. 12, 2014
- All the breads on the shelf at the supermarket are disgusting when you look at their ingredients. Was glad to run into “Flying Pig” bread in the bakery section. Delicious, natural and fresh!
- For awhile I thought that Shaw’s had a good selection of organic and healthy foods. But now I realize that they aren’t even in the same league as Whole Foods 🙁 .
- Sheryl Sandberg wants to ban the word “bossy.”
“I was called bossy when I was in ninth grade,” Sandberg recalled. “My teacher took my best friend Mindy aside and she said, ‘You shouldn’t be friends with Sheryl. She’s bossy.’ And that hurt.”
How sad for her. But ban the word? Get a grip, Sheryl!
- I never want to put my name in to sing at karaoke, but once I do and sing, I’m always glad I did! (It’s always wicked fun.)
Friday, Mar. 14, 2014
- You can buy strawberries that basically have no taste whatsoever. (Yuck)
- Kohl’s has quite a business model going with all the coupons and discounts that they’re constantly providing. Their clothes are probably crap, but I can generally find lots of things that fit me at great prices, so I’m sold!
Saturday, Mar. 15, 2014
- Bridal showers can actually be fun–when they’re for your own daughter at least! It helps when her best friend / matron of honor knows how to put together a good party.
- Corie is blessed with awesome future inlaws!
- At least one person (my cousin Lisa) reads my Facebook statuses (and presumably these blog posts) and is inspired by them–yay!
Sunday, Mar. 16, 2014
- If your suitcase is overweight, the airline will try to charge you $100 extra. Corie was trying to bring home to Houston as many bridal shower gifts as possible. Thankfully she was able to consolidate between her 2 bags to keep them within the prescribed weight limits. Otherwise, some TSA agent was going to get to take home a Spiralizer or blender or something.