Posted by Jill Whalen | Posted in Food, Healthy Eating, Things I've Learned | Posted on 03-03-2014
Here’s what I learned last week:
Monday, Feb. 24, 2014
- Skiing is kind of like riding a bike, it does come back to you. But, I wouldn’t start right out on a big hill when it’s been 25+ years since you last skied. (I’m glad I had the sense to realize that when I went today!)
Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014
- How to make a lamb gyro from scratch. They came out delicious. Got the thumb’s up from hubby too.
Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014
Unopened coconuts can get rotten.
Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014
- Forgiveness resets relationships back to square one. It becomes a clean slate.
Friday, Feb. 28, 2014
- Grinding your own peanuts into peanut butter at Wholefoods! YUM
Saturday, Mar. 1, 2014
- If you ask for a “Harpoon” from a waiter, they might thing you said “Blue Moon.” (Wasn’t me, was my husband, but I thought it was kind of funny and can see how it could happen.)
- Trying to perform spontaneous acts of generosity is way harder than it sounds, at least for me.
Sunday, Mar. 2, 2014
- I learned from someone on a private healthy eating Facebook group that you can freeze avocados. Just peel and take the pit out first. Nice!